Thailand – Finland Trade Information
During January – November 2016, total trade between Thailand – Finland accounted for 472.81 million USD.
The main export goods to Finland are automatic data processing machines and parts thereof, rubber products, Household table kitchenware and air conditioning machine and parts thereof.
Finland is a member of Nordic countries with a population of 5.46 million. During January – November 2016, total trade between Thailand – Finland accounted for 472.81 million USD; exports from Thailand to Finland accounted for 162.05 million USD and imports 310.76 million USD. Thailand recorded a 148.71 million USD deficit during January – November 2016. The main export goods to Finland are automatic data processing machines and parts thereof 35.8 million USD (-27%), rubber products 22.5 million USD (+10%), Household table kitchenware 16.4 million USD (+3.31%), air conditioning machine and parts thereof 14.8 million USD (-47%), and prepared or preserved fish, crustaceans, molluscs in airtight containers 7.3 million USD (-11%).
During January – November 2016, Thailand mainly imported ships, boats and floating structures, electrical machinery and parts, machinery and parts, chemicals and fertilizer and pesticide products from Finland.
Finnish market international trade promotion strategies
Office of Commercial Affairs (OCA), Royal Thai Embassy, Copenhagen is located in Copenhagen to implement policies and activities, with a special focus on fostering trade relations between Thai and Nordic companies.
OCA helps companies in Thailand increase their competitiveness through overseas trade and investment in Denmark, Finland, Norway, Finland and Iceland, focusing on demand-driven strategies, for example, products and services for elderly citizens, organic/natural/health products, Fairtrade/Equality/Sustainable and innovations. Below shows OCA market plan through the 2017 fiscal year:
- Inviting Trade Missions to visit/exhibit international trade fairs in Thailand, ex. Bangkok Gems & Jewelry Fair 2017 (BGJF) (Feb & Sept), THAIFEX, Bangkok RHVAC and Bangkok E&E 2017, Thailand International Logistics Fair (TILOG 2017), Bangkok International Gift Fair and Bangkok International Houseware Fair 2017 (BIG/BIH) and Thailand International Furniture Fair 2017 (TIFF)
- Thai - Nordic business matchmaking services.
- Helping Finnish and Nordic businesses to source Thai products and connect with Thai partners through Thailand’s official e-commerce Thaitrade.com.
- Promoting Thai products and services through Thailand Trusted Mark (TTM).
- Supporting Thai restaurants located in Finland and Nordic areas with Thai Select Certification.
Finland consistently ranks as one of the most competitive, productive and globalized countries in the world. Foreign investors can benefit from Finland in many ways. Nevertheless, most of the Thai business in Finland is small local companies, for example, Thai restaurants and traditional Thai massage shops, run by Thai people who immigrated to Finland.
The organizations that help the foreign business grow in Finland invest in Finland, Finpro and Helsinki Business Hub.